The LE&RN/LymphNotes U.S. Lymphedema Therapist Scholarship was established to meet the need for additional lymphedema therapists in the United States. Scholarships are awarded annually in memory of writer and lymphedema (LE) advocate Ann Ehrlich who initiated the awards in 2013. Despite increasing awareness of LE, there is only one therapist for every 1,000 people with LE in the United States. This scholarship will help to address this disparity by encouraging healthcare professionals to obtain specialty LE therapist training and certification. Special consideration will be given to professionals working with underserved populations in the United States. We anticipate being able to award 10 scholarships this year. To apply, please review the requirements and application process below.
LE&RN/LymphNotes Award Amount: Up to $1,000 towards a Full Lymphedema Certification Course offered by a certification program at a qualified training school pre-approved by LE&RN. Funds will be applied directly to the course tuition. Scholarships may NOT be applied to courses that have been completed or are in progress prior to notification. Final decisions will be made by the review committee in September 2021.
• The following professional unrestricted licensure in the United States are accepted for scholarship eligibility:
- Physical Therapist (PT, MPT, MSPT, or DPT)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Occupational Therapist (OT, OTR, or OTR/L)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA or COTA/L)
• Must be a current supporting member of LE&RN ($60/year minimum)
To be considered for the scholarship, the following information is required:
• A complete application
• Resume and/or Curriculum vitae (CV)
• One letter of recommendation from a colleague or instructor that includes his or her name, position, and contact information including email
• Answers to these essay questions (maximum of 250 words each):
• What are your career goals for the next five years?
• What factors/experiences lead to your interest in becoming a certified lymphedema therapist?
• Please describe your experiences and/or interest in providing care to underserved populations.
The application deadline for this cycle is August 2, 2021. Applicants must be current Supporting Members of LE&RN. To become a Supporting Member, click here. Prepare answers to the essay questions and have required documents available prior to beginning the application. Sign up for our e-news to receive information regarding this scholarship and other important matters to the lymphatic community.
Final decisions will be made by the review committee in September 2021. The scholarships may NOT be applied to courses that have been completed or are in progress prior to notification. Scholarship recipients must complete their coursework by August 31, 2022. For more information, please contact the Lymphatic Education & Research Network directly via phone, (516) 625-9675, or email, LERN@lymphaticnetwork.org.
To apply for the 2021 LE&RN/LymphNotes U.S. Lymphedema Therapist Scholarship, click here.