World Lymphedema Day 2023
World Lymphedema Day is open to everyone. Individuals, patients, patient organizations, health professionals, researchers, drug developers, public health authorities—the more people involved the better! The list below may give you some ideas of how to get involved, but, ultimately, you can do anything you like, big or small.
Please post your event here, and find World Lymphedema Day flyers, logos, and printables here.
- 1. Educate Your Community
- There are many ways to educate those around you about lymphatic diseases. Some ideas include setting up a booth at your place of work to discuss lymphatic diseases, talking to your friends about lymphatic diseases, or asking your doctor if you can put flyers in their waiting room. Find downloadable resources here.
- 2. Hold a LE&RN Fundraiser
- Have a bake sale and let people know what you are raising money for and why it's important. You could also hold an online fundraiser on Facebook, ask for donations instead of birthday gifts, collect and redeem recyclables, hold an auction, or donate proceeds of a yard sale.
- 3.Submit a World Lymphedema Day resolution to your local or state government
- Click here for resolution templates that you can submit to your state or local government. Many activists have successfully had World Lymphedema Day recognized by their hometowns, cities, states, and other government entities and you can too! If you plan to do this, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4. Ask for landmarks to be lit teal for World Lymphedema Day
- Download a sample template here. Please let us know if you plan to do this in your city by writing us at email@example.com
- 5. JOIN OR BECOME A MEMBER OF LE&RN
- Help us fight lymphatic diseases. We can only do this with your support. Join here.