Six Ways to Participate in
World Lymphedema Day 2021
World Lymphedema Day is open to everyone! Individuals, patients, patient organizations, health professionals, researchers, drug developers, public health authorities—the more people involved the better!
As you'll find out, there are many ways to participate. Let's join our efforts to give hope to LD and LE patients.
- 1. Post Your Virtual Event
- Your virtual event can be anything that educates the world about lymphatic diseases. Post your event here. Find World Lymphedema Day flyers, logos, and printables here.
- 2. Share Your Story
- Help us tell your story to those with the power to create the changes we seek. In 200 words or fewer, upload your story, which we will share with World Health Organization (WHO), the United States Congress, the American Medical Association (AMA), the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other institutions key to our success. Go here. To read stories from others, go here.
- 3. Virtual Global Celebration
- Join us on World Lymphedema Day, March 6th, for a celebration hosted by LE&RN Spokesperson Kathy Bates and featuring the debut performance of the one-act play Let’s Talk Lymphoedema (Lymphedema). Buy tickets here.
- 4.Submit a World Lymphedema Day resolution to your local or state government
- Click here for resolution templates that you can submit to your state or local government. Many activists have successfully had World Lymphedema Day recognized by their hometowns, cities, states, and other government entities and you can too! If you plan to do this, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
- 5. Ask for landmarks to be lit teal for World Lymphedema Day
- Download a sample template here. Please let us know if you plan to do this in your city by writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6. JOIN OR BECOME A MEMBER OF LE&RN
- Help us fight lymphatic diseases. We can only do this with your support. Join here.