The Lymphatic Education & Research Network’s (LE&RN) advocacy efforts remain a priority during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. To maximize our grassroots efforts across the country during the current situation, a virtual National Week of Action is scheduled for March 22-26, 2021 as a kick-off to our yearlong advocacy efforts.
We need your active participation to educate Members of Congress about lymphatic diseases (LD), how LD affects you, and what Congress can do to support those living with diseases including lymphedema (LE), lipedema, lymphatic malformation, and other lymphatic diseases.
We urge you, and our entire community, to call and/or email Congressional representatives to discuss our policy priorities.
The LE&RN National Week of Action is designed to make it easy to ask your elected officials to support issues important to the LD and LE community.
- Email your Senators and Member of the House of Representatives to share your experience and ask them to help us (see a sample email and phone script here).
- Call the offices of your Senators and Member of the House to share your experience and ask them to help us (see a sample email and phone script here).
To find and contact your U.S. Senator:
- Visit www.senate.gov.
- Conduct a search using the Find Your Senators pull-down menu (select your state and click Go).
- On the results page are links to Senator websites and links to an online contact form (forms vary by Senator).
To find and contact your U.S. Representative:
- Visit www.house.gov.
- Conduct a search using the Find Your Representative ZIP Code search box (enter your ZIP Code and click Go).
- On the results page is a photo of your Representative, links to the Representative’s website (shown as a small screen icon), an online contact form (shown as a small envelope icon, and a local map.
- If your ZIP Code overlaps multiple congressional districts, the results page will include boxes for you to enter your ZIP Code+4 or street address to find your Representative.
If you prefer, download a complete LE&RN 2021 Advocacy Prep Packet here.