The Lymphatic Education & Research Network announces the LE&RN Travel and Poster Awards in honor of Colette McDowell. These awards are for young investigators who are LE&RN Supporting Members (PhD students, medical students and postdocs). Travel awards are to defray registration and travel costs associated with attending the Lymphatic Forum 2017-Exploring the Lymphatic Continuum. Twenty $500 awards will be given.
In addition, four Best Poster Presentation awards (one $1,000 US currency and three $500 US currency) will be given to the top posters presented. Travel awards are NOT available for local participants (defined as "residing within a 25 mile radius of the meeting venue") to attend the conference. If you are not yet a Supporting Member of LE&RN, go to http://lymphaticnetwork.org/supporting-member.
Colette McDowell was born with a rare lung disease called pulmonary lymphangiectasia, where lymph fluid accumulates in her lungs, abdomen and skin. Her family and friends are funding the LE&RN Awards as they look to brilliant young researchers for tomorrow's treatments and a cure.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR TRAVEL AWARDS FOR LYMPHATIC FORUM 2017
To apply, prospective candidates must:
- be actively enrolled in a doctoral program, residency or accredited program of postdoctoral graduate education in the biomedical sciences
- provide a blog post summarizing the meeting and their experience at the event
- be a member of LE&RN or NAVBO (no member affiliation required for the JCI award)
- reside more than 25 miles from the conference
To be considered for a Travel Award, the following information is required:
- Submit an abstract to the Lymphatic Forum 2017 (click Abstracts on the left)
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae (CV) or National Institutes of Health biographical sketch*
- indicate that you are applying for this award within the online abstract submission form (choose the one with the appropriate society affiliation; you can choose both if you are a member of both societies)
*NAVBO members are required to submit their CV upon membership application; LE&RN members should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10.
Travel award recipients will be determined by a joint society committee after candidates have met all eligibility requirements. Checks will be presented to the recipients at the meeting at a specified date and time, which is yet to be determined.