Thank you for your interest in the Lymphatic Education & Research Network (LE&RN), an international non-profit organization whose mission is to fight lymphatic diseases through education, research & advocacy. We seek to accelerate the prevention, treatments and cures for lymphedema, lipedema, lymphatic anomalies, and the continuum of lymphatic diseases. LE&RN is not a medical facility, and cannot offer specific medical advice.
What is lymphedema?
Lymphedema is a chronic lymphatic disease that results in disfiguring swelling in one or more parts of the body. It can be hereditary (primary lymphedema) or it can occur after a surgical procedure, infection, cancer treatment, radiation or other physical trauma (secondary lymphedema).
Monthly newsletter: Stay current on LE&RN initiatives, progress, and news. Sign up to have it sent to your email inbox every month.
We have put together a comprehensive library of free resources that we hope will be valuable to you. Below is an overview.
- Resource Downloads: You will find downloadable information sheets, a list of blogs, and the complete book, "Lets Talk Lymphoedema."
- Frequently Asked Questions: Questions and answers about Lymphedema, Lipedema, and the Lymphatic System.
- Virtual Expo: LE&RN’s Virtual Expo is a resource that brings together venous and lymphatic related manufacturers, distributors, schools, pharmaceutical companies, and accessory businesses in one place to offer solutions and perspectives for patients and therapists alike.
- Ask the Experts: This online forum makes getting expert answers from a medical practitioner or therapist to questions related to lymphedema (LE), lipedema (LI), and lymphatic diseases (LD) easy and convenient.
- LE&RN Symposium Library: nearly 100 presentations featuring lymphatic disease experts from around the globe. These symposiums are presented live on a monthly basis where participants are welcome to ask questions of the presenters. See the calendar on our homepage for upcoming symposiums.
- Recorded Conferences: including LE&RN's 2021 Virtual Summit - The Continuum from Evolving Research to State-of-the-Art Lymphatic Management.
- Lymphatic Disease Films: Find LE&RN's one act play, "Let's Talk LE" and the documentary, "Not so Swell: Living with Lymphedema."
- Find a Local Chapter: You will find resources by visiting your local chapter. LE&RN Supporting Members are eligible to join local Chapters in the U.S. and around the world.
- Find a Therapist: Know what to look for in a fully qualified LE therapist: completed a 135-hour training course, qualifying as a CLT (partial training is common).
- LE&RN's LymphWalk Series: Find a walk to attend to connect with others that have a lymphatic disease and to raise money for education, research, and advocacy.
- LE&RN Centers of Excellence: Geographically diverse network of multidisciplinary clinical care and service centers for individuals and families affected by Lymphatic Diseases.
- World Lymphedema Day: Join us in recognizing World Lymphedema Day every year on March 6. This event is focused on bringing worldwide awareness to lymphatic diseases.
*For additional information, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org