The LE&RN/LymphNotes U.S. Lymphedema Therapist Scholarship was established to meet the need for additional lymphedema therapists in the United States. Scholarships are awarded annually in honor of writer and lymphedema advocate Ann Ehrlich who initiated the awards in 2013. Despite increasing awareness of lymphedema, there is only one therapist for every 1,000 people with lymphedema in the United States. This scholarship will help to address this disparity by encouraging healthcare professionals to obtain specialty lymphedema therapist training and certification. Special consideration will be given to professionals working with underserved populations in the United States. We anticipate being able to award at least 10 scholarships this year. To apply, please review the requirements and application process below.
LE&RN/LymphNotes Award Amount: Up to $1,000 towards any Lymphedema Certification Course offered by a member of the North American Lymphedema Education Association (NALEA) or other certification program pre-approved by LE&RN. Funds will be applied directly to the course tuition. The LE&RN Lymphedema Scholarship will be awarded annually to recipients based on the availability of funds.
In addition to the LE&RN/LymphNotes Scholarship, LE&RN is pleased to partner with Gay Lee Gulbrandson, CLT-LANA, Dr. Vodder Schools International Certified Instructor, to offer (2) $1000 grants toward her 5-Day Basic Class in California.
• The following professional unrestricted licensure in the United States are accepted for scholarship eligibility: RN, OT, COTA, PT, PTA, MD, DO, ATC, DC, PA
• Massage therapists who have completed 500 massage school hours and/or National Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Certification Exam.
• Must be a current supporting member of LE&RN ($60/year minimum)
To be considered for either scholarship, the following information is required:
• A complete application
• Resume and/or Curriculum vitae (CV)
• One letter of recommendation from a colleague or instructor that includes his or her name, position, contact information, and email
The application deadline for this cycle is now closed. Applicants must be current Supporting Members of LE&RN. To become a Supporting Member, click here. Prepare answers to the essay questions and have required documents available prior to beginning the application. Sign up for our e-news to receive information regarding this scholarship and other important matters to the lymphatic community.
Applicants will receive a copy of their application once it has been successfully submitted. Final decisions will be made by the review committee in September 2018. The scholarships may not be applied to courses that have been completed or are in progress prior to notification. Scholarship recipients must complete their coursework by August 31, 2019. For more information, please contact the Lymphatic Education & Research Network directly via phone, (516) 625-9675, or email, LERN@lymphaticnetwork.org.
• I am applying for the scholarship offered by LE&RN/LymphNotes.
• I am applying for the scholarship offered by LE&RN/Gay Lee Gulbrandson, CLT-LANA, Dr. Vodder School International Certified Instructor to attend a 5-day MLD Basic class. (These are official Dr. Vodder School International (DVSI) classes that lead to MLD/CDT certification, offered in California only. Two scholarships are offered for 2018. I understand if I receive a scholarship from Gay Lee Gulbrandson I may only take the classes she teaches and sponsors within 15 months.)
• I am applying for the scholarship offered by LE&RN/LymphNotes AND the scholarship offered by LE&RN/Gay Lee Gulbrandson.
• What are your career goals for the next five years?
• What factors/experiences lead to your interest in becoming a certified lymphedema therapist?
• Please describe your experiences and/or interest in providing care to underserved populations.
NOTE: You may apply for one or both of these scholarships above, but only one will be awarded to any single individual and you are bound by the decision of the review committee.